1. Height: 5’9", weight: (didn't get to weigh myself today but last I checked) 141 from 144 last week
2. Your fitness challenge(s) for this week: Continue weight training routine. I have only been able to get 45 minutes of cardio two days a week so I'd like to find time to squeeze in cardio at least one more day a week. It's been difficult for me to get 6 days of workout...because weekends call for home improvement projects and family time with hubby.
3. Your health challenge(s) for this week: Continue on the vegetarian menu once I'm back home...visiting parents over the weekend.
4. How well did it go: I didn't eat meat all week (until last night)! I felt unbelievable. I have only had 3 diet cokes but I'm about to ruin that this weekend...and I don't care. I'm really proud that I was able to eat no meat for more than a day. I'm not a vegetarian convert yet but I will be GREATLY reducing the amount of meat I eat. I attribute the three pound weight loss to the meatless diet. I haven't seen 141 on a scale since college and I can't wait to get to the 130s.
5. Failures and slip-ups: I'm visiting the parents right now and have pretty much abandoned the vegetarian diet for the weekend. I'm still trying to make healthier choices but I'm trying NOT to drive my parents crazy with my OCD diet. And, I want to enjoy myself.
6. Weekly challenge wisdom: I'm going to go back to this one: Be disciplined or get disciplined. Nothing is going to happen if you don't do it yourself...sounds cynical but it's true. Nobody can force feed you healthy food or make you workout. YOU have to do it.
7. Advice to fellow GET FIT members: Don't be afraid to try something new...be it food, an exercise or a new hobby.
8. Self Portait: Clones
|haha...not very original but I was in a time crunch.|
aww i LOVE your portrait. i need to catch up with these. i was so bummed out to be taking my full body shots this morning. lol.ReplyDelete
you are doing so great an have inspired me to try out some veggie plans.
have fun at your parents. abby and i are spending 9 days at home for easter and i'm already a little worried that i'll go crazy with the soda, treats, grandmas huge eater dinner, omg... BUT one good thing will be the opportunity to do a full week of running on my parents treadmill! i might even be in good enough shape by then to do a run with my sister (who's been training for marathons).
Kim,you are really doing good on your diet. Glad you are at your folks this weekend. (Don't spoil your family). I know you had to see the new patio. They will have a wonderful time with you and Chloe. She will spoil her Shorty and Pop.:)ReplyDelete
Love the self portrait...it is soooo you!ReplyDelete
Good Job! You look fabulous already from what I can see in your pictures! It's so hard to eat healthy and be active... it takes such motivation - and you clearly have it! Way to go!ReplyDelete
i love your clones!!!! woman!! you look totally amazing! and hoooyah for the weight loss! incredibly inspirationalReplyDelete
I don't bother with dieting when I am with family either. I try to do sensible portions of whatever they are cooking, but really as long as you do good more days than not it won't ruin your efforts! I am curious about your vegetarian recipes... have any to share? ;)ReplyDelete
Ahaha ok... obviously I didn't scroll down the page before the comment asking for recipes ;)ReplyDelete
I love that you went meatless for the week ( almost). It's amazing how much energy we conserve when we don't weigh ourselves down with meat.ReplyDelete
Great progress, girl!