Why do I love life in Austin so much?
Plenty of reasons: Life in a major city with a hometown feel. Friendly, open-minded people. Beautiful scenery. Great history. Amazing art. Awesome music. With plenty to do...
Here are some of the things that Mark and I could have done this weekend:
- Lone Star Music Festival - This is the first year for this event. Various Texas Country musicians came to Austin for a fun-filled weekend of Texas tunes.
- Float the river - cool river, Texas hill country, tire tube, bathing suit, six pack and your friends...nuff said!
- Go to the lake - Nothing beats heading out to Lake Travis on a beautiful spring day.
- Camping - there are so many amazing places to camp here. I love setting up the tent, cooking on a campfire and hanging out with my husband and our dogs. Life doesn't get simpler or better...by the way, if you haven't seen 'Into the Wild' go rent it.
- Eeyore's Birthday - I'm not going to get to far in depth on this one since I have missed it two years in a row but I think I might try next year. Maypoles, donkey's, music and hippies! Oh, it could be interesting and I would love to bring my camera!
- Barton Springs - taking the dogs to the natural spring for a game of fetch is pretty fun plus there is a disc golf course at the same park.